Saturday, February 19, 2011

Outbreak...





































It all started last weekend when Lyla began running a fever on Saturday night! She spent the evening with Nana and Papa so TJ and I could go out for Valentine;s day. Nana started running a fever that morning but didn't think much of it. I don't blame Nana for passing her illness on to Lyla...at that point. Lyla had been coughing and cranky which usually means she's getting sick. So she ran a fever from Saturday night until Monday night. TJ stayed home with her on Monday and I stayed home for fever free day on Tuesday. In the meantime Nana had gone to the doctor and been diagnosed with the Flu (type A). I thought, no big deal, we had the flu shot! So, Lyla and I took lunch to Nana on Tuesday.



By Wednesday night I was feeling yucky! Then Papa went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Flu A! Oh great! By Thursday morning I was running a low grade fever but stayed on top of it, with the advice of my OB, by taking Tylenol 'round the clock!



On Thursday afternoon I picked Lyla up, after I had made my sub plans and straighten up my classroom. I also had a doctor's appointment scheduled for 8:20pm. I still had every intention of trying to make it through Friday. WRONG!! Lyla and I went to Krispy Kreme to get an after school snack and she wanted me to carry her! She was HOT! Oh no! I had my handy dandy thermometer in my purse so I quickly assessed the situation! 100.8! WHAT!! Not again.



So, I called the pediatrician and they wanted me to bring her in at 6pm. So, I got a sub and planned to stay home. Lyla's doctor was perplexed when her flu swab came back postive for Flu A and she had a repeat fever, so she got Tamiflu and an antibiotic. I went to the doctor later that night and they did the swab but my test came back negative. The doctor gave me a perscription for Tamiflu anyway!



When TJ came up to bed that night he said he was starting to feel yucky! Sure enough he woke up and felt terrible. He did not have a flu shot so he took himself to the doctor after being at work for an hour. Sure enough, Flu A! So we all stayed glued to the couch on Friday and today! Hopefully this will be over soon! It's not fun having every person in your house sick and being pregnant!! So when we're stuck inside with nothing to do...we bake!!!

No comments: